On the road - Soncino & Lady Hawk




"Do you know that hawks and wolves mate for life? The Bishop didn't even leave us that... not even that. "

No no, this isn't turning into a travel blog. But whilst my parents were here during the first week of June, we visited Soncino, a small town in the province of Cremona with several medieval buildings, among them a castle which was used as location in the quite famous film "LadyHawke" with Michelle Pfeiffer, Rutger Hauer & Matthew Broderick as well as for outfit of the day pictures staring Alex B.

The movie is about a man (Etienne Navarre) and woman (Isabeau) in love with each other. They get cursed by a bishop who also wants the woman. It's a great film and if you haven't seen it, do watch if you like love stories & the medievals.


Bishop: There is a woman.
Cezar: Your Grace?
Bishop: A beautiful woman with alabaster skin and the eyes of a dove. She travels by night, only by night. Her sun is the moon. And her name is... Isabeau. Find her and you find the wolf. The wolf I want. The wolf who... loves her.


I was wearing a very simple outfit that day. Black pants and blazer combined with a white&blue striped shirt and sneakers.

Castle at Soncino, Lombardy, Italy

"Great storms announce themselves with a single breeze, and a single random spark can ignite the fires of rebellion." 

Castle at Soncino, Lombardy, Italy

2nd gate


Phillipe: Are you flesh, or are you spirit?
Isabeau: I am sorrow. 

Frontal view, black blazer & striped shirt


Phillipe: "You must save this Hawk" he said, "For she is my life, my last and best reason for living." And then he said, "One day, we will know such happiness as two people dream of, but never do."
Isabeau: He said that?
Phillipe: I swear it on my life. 


Castle at Soncino, Lombardy, Italy interior

"Soldier #2: [finds Phillipe hiding on an embattlement ledge] Where is the woman?
Phillipe: She flew away.
Soldier #2: I said where is she?
Phillipe: God's truth! She flew away!"

On the battlements
On the battlements



The well inside the Sforza castle at Soncino

Phillipe: Maybe I'm dreaming. My eyes are open, which means maybe I'm awake dreaming that I'm asleep. Or, or more likely, I'm asleep dreaming that I'm awake wondering if I'm dreaming.
Isabeau: You are dreaming. 


Gate leading to the side draw bridge


At the bar

Outfit Sources:

Blazer - Mango (old) --- similar here
Shirt/Maglietta - H&M --- similar
Pants/Pantaloni - Artigli (Made in Italy) --- similar
Bag/Borsa - local (Made in Italy)
Necklace - thrifted
Sneakers - New Balance (old) --- exactsimilar


Ciao!

Do you like castles, the medieval times? Or do you prefer a different time in history?




Follow me! 
And never miss a Funky post.










Share:

3 comments